The Autism SA Professional Practice Committee reviews research applications for their relevance and impact upon the Autism Spectrum Disorder community in South Australia. The Committee is responsible for approving advertising projects on the website, through the Autism SA Infomail, targeted mail-outs and other mediums. It also provides advice on matters relating to delivery of support services and provision of treatments, interventions and therapies.
For approved research, Autism SA can offer advertising in the Autism SA Infomail and on the Autism SA website, and in some cases further options may be discussed with you. To download a brochure with advertising prices, please click here
After the project
Once the research project is complete, Autism SA requests:
- A brief summary report (1-2 pages) and paragraph abstract of the outcomes and findings for the Autism SA website, Infomail and/or Autiser, and
- One copy of the final report for inclusion in the Autism SA resource centre.
How to apply
The Professional Practice Committee meets approximately every three months to review research applications. Meetings are generally held once every quarter.
For a research project to be considered, the Committee requests that you submit the following:
- Autism SA Request to Research - formal project form - download here (Microsoft Word)
- Copy of your ethics proposal and ethics approval
- Copy of advertisement, pamphlet, etc
- Any research instruments that will be used relevant to this part of the researcher project (eg. interview script, questionnaire, survey software)
Once the above has been received, the Committee will review your proposal and contact you with a response.
Applications can be addressed to The Professional Practice Committee and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or posted to Autism SA, PO Box 304, Marleston DC SA 5033.
The Professional Practice Committee
Autism SA's Professional Practice Committee comprises individuals from within Autism SA and externally to provide a balanced viewpoint and appropriate skill base.
Current committee members are:
|Ph.D., M. Ed., B. Ed. (Special Ed.), Dip. T.
||B.Sc (Hons) Applied Chemistry, Postgrad. Cert. Ed. (Secondary Science), Postgrad. Cert. Inclusive Education
||Bch. Sci. Hons (Psy.), Grad. Dip. Ap. Psy. Pract. Registered Psychologist
||B.A. (Hons-Psych.), Gra. Dip. Psych. Prac., Grad. Cert. HRM, Registered Psychologist
|B.A. Hons (Psych.), Grad. Dip. Psych. Prac., Ph. D.
(remove * in front of email addresses prior to sending email)
Page Updated 8 January 2013